Find information on how we’re keeping you safe from COVID-19 here
Areas of Expertise
Dr Sze performs a range of treatments, including:
- Specialist endocrine testing and treatment including:
- Pituitary hormone replacement
- Adrenal hormone replacement
- Thyroid treatment for over and underactivity
- Endocrine Hypertension
Dr Sze treats all all aspects of Endocrinology. Some of the conditions she commonly treats are:
- Pituitary disease – non functioning adenoma, Cushing’s, Acromegaly, Prolactinoma, incidentalomas
- Adrenal disease – Addison’s, Cushing’s, incidentalomas, primary aldosteronism, Conn’s, phaeochromocytoma
- Thyroid disease – over and underactivity, in pregnancy, thyroid cancer, thyroid nodules, multinodular goitre
- Parathyroid disease
- Endocrine Hypertension
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), menopause
- Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus:
- Medical management
- Insulin pump therapy
Dr Sze qualified with MBBS and a BSc in Psychology from University of London (UCL) in 2001. Since qualifying she has had a highly successful career as a physician and undertook her specialist training in Endocrinology and Diabetes on the prestigious St. Bartholomew’s rotation.
She has achieved academic excellence during her training, having been awarded the Wellcome Trust research grant for her PhD in adrenal disorders. She has also won other accolades including the AMEND award for clinical research in 2012.
Dr Sze became a Consultant in 2014 at St Bartholomew’s Hospital, an internationally renowned centre for Endocrinology.
Publications & Research
- Currently involved in writing ‘Mastering Endocrinology and Diabetes: A Structured Guide for Clinical Practice’
- Published in areas of primary aldosteronism, thyroid disease, adrenal signalling, neuroendocrine tumours and diabetes mellitus
- 2020: PhD awarded for ‘BMP3b Expression and Role in Zonation and Tumourigenesis in the Adrenal Cortex’
- 2010: British Endocrine Society Clinical Cases Poster Price
- 2012: British Endocrine Society AMEND Young Investigator Award
- 2009: Wellcome Trust Clinical Research Fellowship – In support of PhD research
- 2008: Joan Adams Clinical Fellowship Award – In support of PhD research.
Dr Candy Sze is available during the following times:
Monday: 8.00am – 12.00pm (Face to face or Remote)
Tuesday: 9.00am – 6.00pm (Remote)
Wednesday: 1.00pm – 6.00pm (Face to face or Remote)
Thursday: 8.00am – 12.00pm (Face to face or Remote)
Friday: 4.00pm – 6.00pm (Face to face or Remote)
Dr Sze’s Consultation fees are as follows:
- £300 Initial consultation (up to 60 minutes)
- £180 Follow up consultation (up to 30 minutes)
I felt medicine gave a good balance between science and interaction with people. Medicine allows me to offer a holistic approach to all my patients; applying science with empathy.Dr Candy Sze
What encouraged you to specialise in your chosen field?
Diabetes and endocrinology can affect any part of our body and a holistic approach is required when managing patients with any diabetes or endocrine conditions.
What keeps you busy in your personal life?
My kids mainly but I also try to continue my love of cooking, tennis and golf.