Areas of Expertise
Dr Katie Lacy performs a range of treatments including:
Katie Lacy graduated from Pembroke College, Oxford University with a 1st class Honours degree in 1994. Having completed a PhD in skin immunology the the University College London, she is currently an Honorary Senior Lecturer at Kings College London.
Alongside this, Dr Lacy runs a research group investigating immune responses in melanoma and also has an interest in new techniques for skin cancer diagnosis including confocal microscopy and the imaging technique of optical coherence tomography.
Dr Katie Lacy has authored several peer-reviewed journals including:
- IgE activates monocytes from cancer patients to acquire a pro-inflammatory phenotype. Cancers (Basel). 2020 Nov 15;12(11):3376
- Combining immune checkpoint inhibitors: Established and emerging targets and strategies to improve outcomes in melanoma. Front Immunol. 2019 Mar 19;10:453.
- Chondroitin sulfate proteoglycan 4 and its potential as an antibody immunotherapy target across different tumor types. Immunol. 2018 Jan 10;8:1911
- Histological correlates of optical coherence tomography in non-melanoma skin cancer. Skin Res Technol. 2013 Feb;19(1):10-9.
- Call for a balanced view on sentinel node biopsy for melanoma. BMJ. 2013 Feb 6;346:f648.
Get to know Dr Katie Lacy…
Dr Katie Lacy enjoys looking after her children and walking the dog in the countryside