This service or treatment is generally covered by most health insurance policies. You are responsible for checking your insurance policy cover, and you may need a referral letter. Check which insurance companies are covered.
An ultrasound is a non-invasive diagnostic service used to help our consultants diagnose patients with various gastrointestinal issues. Ultrasound would be an appropriate test for anyone with:
- Generalised abdominal discomfort and pain
- Abdominal bloating
- Abnormal blood test or liver function tests
An ultrasound can also be used to check up on previous findings such as cysts, gallstones, polyps, and kidney stones, as well as tumours and cancers.
The test can also be used for:
- Scan for hernias and groin pain
- Scan of testes
- Scan of kidneys, urethra and bladder
- as part of a general health check-up