About OneWelbeck Women’s Health
- OneWelbeck Women’s Health was founded by a group of leading women’s health clinicians whose objective is to develop a state-of-the-art Women’s Health Centre at the heart of the Harley Street medical area.
- The centre provides world class diagnostic imaging, tests and treatment to patients, offering patients the option of consultation, diagnostic testing and procedure within one attendance at the centre
- The centre provides breast screening services, gynaecological endoscopic procedures and consultation to patients along with a high quality ultrasound scanning service
- OneWelbeck has a number of other day centres on other floors of 1 Welbeck Street, which include an Imaging Suite in the basement with a CT and laboratory on the Cardiology floor.
- Further centres are also under development or planned around the UK and internationally.
Main duties & responsibilities
- To ensure that patient referrals are added to the relevant electronic care records systems and take ownership of the scheduling of patients for consultations, diagnostic testing and day case procedures.
- To learn and understand individual patient pathways.
- To prepare patient records in preparation for their appointments or procedures with the appropriate clinical reports and data.
- Answer telephone calls ensuring all enquires are handled efficiently. To deal with all patients either on the phone or in person in a delicate manner offering support, advice and reassurance. Listen to their concerns and act appropriately. Ensure all messages are relayed as quickly as possible to the Consultant(s) and/or medical team and respond to any resulting information in a timely manner.
- To manage the patient care journey through the centre efficiently and sensitively maintaining a patient centred approach at all times.
- Optimise office workflow procedures and ensure physician productivity by maintaining calendars; scheduling patient appointments and physician consultations.
- When required, generates revenues by raising invoices, completing direct patient and third-party billing.
- Secures information by completing database back-ups if required.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential in accordance with local policies on information governance and confidentiality of care records.
- Innovate office procedures in own work area to ensure that there is no breakdown in the patient care pathway.
- Ensure patient details are correct on appropriate IT programmes/electronic care records demonstrating outstanding attention to detail.
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock; anticipating needs; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Keeps office equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- To help implement new ways of working to improve the private patient experience and efficiency of service.
- Serves and protects the health care community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, national, and local requirements.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Work closely with the Patient Pathway Manager and Centre Director to ensure the patients administrative service is appropriately covered in response to service needs. This will include cross-cover of the front-of-house and Private Patients Pathway Manager role.
- Enhances centre and physician reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments and looking to exceed expectations at every point of patient contact.
Education & experience needed
- Secondary Education
- Experience working with the general public providing high quality customer care.
- Good level of general education.
- Computer literate. Competent in Microsoft office programs.
- Experience with electronic care records systems (desirable).
- Experience handling confidential and sensitive information (desirable).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- The ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
- The ability to work across functions and to manage pressure.
- A high level of numerical and literacy skills to support providing and interpreting information.
- Highly levels of motivation.
Salary & benefits
- Competitive salary (experience dependent).
- Private healthcare.
- 5% Contributory pension scheme.
- 20 days holiday.
How to apply
To apply, please email your current CV and cover letter to email@example.com