An exciting opportunity has arisen to work closely with a group of Breast Care experts in a new, dedicated Women’s Health Centre in Central London to provide specialist expert diagnostic information, advice and support for the patient throughout their journey. We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and motivated Breast Care Nurse who is passionate about care and support to Breast patients and willing to learn and work within the constantly changing environment bringing with them innovative ideas of how to promote the service and collaborating with the entire Women’s Health team.
Main Duties: -
- Assist in Screening and Symptomatic clinics with expert Consultant Radiologists and Breast surgeons
- Play a key role in co-ordinating the patient's care pathway by liaising with Genetic Counsellor, other Breast Care nurses in other facilities and Breast Surgeons.
- Assist with co-ordinating the Breast multi-disciplinary meetings.
Requirements of the Breast Care Nurse:
- 3 years post registration
- Previous experience as a Breast care nurse
- Registered nurse on the NMC
The successful candidate will actively participate in the efficient and effective running of the Women’s Health Centre, acting as an advocate and key worker for patients ensuring that their holistic needs are met.
- You will be working to provide clinical expertise, support and knowledge to all patients and carers who attend the Centre and to be involved in decision making.
- The applicant must be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, and have current experience of nursing and supporting patients with breast disease and breast conditions
- The successful candidate will be expected to deliver clinical excellence within the Breast services and must able to demonstrate knowledge of breast cancer diagnosis and treatment.
- We are looking for a nurse who is dynamic, highly organised, motivated to learn, with proven excellent team working skills.
- Work closely with the imaging and multi-professional team to ensure an excellent standard of evidenced base care, outstanding outcomes and patient experience for cancer/ benign breast care patients.
- You will be joining us as we embark on an exciting journey in developing the Breast Care service and there will be personal and professional development opportunities at OneWelbeck Women’s Health Centre and elsewhere in the growing Welbeck Health network.
- Develop our clinical excellence: Work alongside the team to develop initiatives to always improve patient experience and identify service improvements. Identify and be involved in the undertaking of Audits.
- Training & development: opportunities to continually develop own knowledge and that of the Centre staff.
- Performance improvement: Facilitate communication and problem solving to establish effective working relationships between clinicians and Centre staff. Develop a culture of continuous improvement that focusses on quality and patient satisfaction.
- Regulatory, governance & safety: ensure appropriate processes are in place to meet the requirements of any accreditation bodies. Assist in developing, interpreting, supporting and implementing policies and procedures.
Other Responsibilities & Expectations.
- Able to work independently and with the Team
- Expected working hours will be 40 hours per week, distributed over 5 days Monday to Friday. Future service demands will be assessed as the business increases with possibility of Saturday openings.
How to apply
To apply for this role send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
Salary & Benefits
Competitive Salary (experience dependent)
Attractive performance-linked incentives
Contributory pension scheme
25 days holiday