Are you, passionate about working in healthcare, enthusiastic and excited about working with patients, enjoy working as part of team and ambitious and wish to progress your career?
Then we’d love to hear from you. Please do complete an application to work with us detailing your relevant experience and why you have applied to this role – application details can be found below.
Main duties and responsibilities
We are seeking an experienced front of house / patient administrator to join the team at a new private patient centre on Welbeck Street, in Central London
We are looking for a candidate who provides the highest standards of care to our patients and is impeccably presented with a warm professional manner.
Some of your day-to-day duties will include:
- To create a positive first and lasting impression by offering our visitors and patients a warm and professional welcome
- Answer telephone calls ensuring all enquires are handled efficiently.
- To deal with all patients either on the phone or in person in a delicate manner offering support, advice, and reassurance
- To manage the patient care journey through the centre efficiently and sensitively maintaining a patient centred approach at all times
- To ensure that patient referrals are added to the relevant electronic care records systems and take ownership of the scheduling of patients for consultations, diagnostic testing and procedures
- Managing transactions for any ‘self-pay’ patients, including raising invoices and taking payments. Following processes for cash, cheque, and debit/credit card receipting.
- To liaise with physician practice secretaries and key contacts in 3rd party providers to ensure a seamless, integrated care pathway.
- Work closely with Business Office / Admin Lead and Centre Director to ensure the patients administrative service is appropriately covered in response to service needs. This will include cross-cover of the front-of-house role.
- Where required, generate revenues by raising invoices, completing direct patient and third-party billing.
- Undertake daily, weekly, monthly checks and audits as they relate to administrative tasks, billing, collections, and Centre policies.
- The job description is not intended to be exhaustive, and it is likely that duties may be altered from time to time in the light of changing circumstances and consultation with the post holder.
You will have the opportunity to experience
- OneWelbeck Orthopaedics is a new Outpatient facility covering all musculoskeletal specialities, as well pain medicine, rheumatology, podiatry and Sports Medicine.
- Training & development: exposure to opportunities to continually develop knowledge.
- Drive innovation: support the Centre Director and clinic staff in the adopting of new innovations to improve outcomes, patient experience or efficiency using the visibility provided by site digital tools.
Skills & experience
The successful candidate will be able to work 40 hours per week across 6 days with flexibility to accommodate service demand.
Education and experience
- Higher education (A Levels) (desirable)
- Experience in a high-quality customer facing role, 5-star hospitality experience ideal
- Experience utilising MS Office (Word, PowerPoint & Excel)
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships
- Experience handling confidential and sensitive information (desirable)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- The ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- The ability to work across functions and to manage pressure
- A high level of numerical and literacy skills to support providing and interpreting information
- High levels of motivation
Salary & benefits
- Competitive salary (experience dependent) starting £26k-27K per year
- Attractive performance-linked incentives
- Private healthcare
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday
How to apply:
To apply for this role send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com