Areas of Expertise
Dr Attard has authored several peer-reviewed journals including:
- Thiopurines in current medical practice: molecular mechanisms and contributions to therapy-related cancer. Karran P, Attard NR. Nat Rev Cancer. 2008 Jan;8(1):24-36.
- PTCH mutations in basal cell carcinomas from azathioprine-treated organ transplant recipients. Harwood CA, Attard NR, O’Donovan P, Chambers P, Perrett CM, Proby CM, McGregor JM, Karran P. Br J Cancer. 2008 Oct 21;99(8):1276-84
- UVA photosensitization of thiopurines and skin cancer in organ transplant recipients. Attard NR and Karran P. Photochemical & Photobiological Sciences. 2012. Jan; 11
- Reversal of UVA skin photosensitivity and DNA damage in kidney transplant recipients by replacing azathioprine with mycophenolate mofetil. Hofbauer G.F.L, Attard N.R, Harwood C.A, McGregor J.M et al. American Journal of Transplantation.2012 Jan;12(1):218-25.
- Head and neck melanoma: pattern of sun exposure and histological subtypes. Attard NR. Br J Dermatol. 2015 Mar;172(3):560-1
Get to know Dr Natalie Attard…
Dr Natalie Attard is a keen cyclist, swimmer, triathlete, tennis player, skier and dog walker.