Dr Ien Chan has been involved in several research projects published in peer-reviewed journals.
- Chan I. The role of extracellular matrix protein 1 in human skin. Clin Exp Dermatol 2004; 29: 52-6.
- Chan I, Oyama N, Hamada T et al. Rapid diagnosis of lipoid proteinosis using an anti-extracellular matrix protein 1 (ECM1) antibody. J Dermatol Sci 2004; 35: 151-3.
- Oyama N, Chan I, Neill S et al. Development of antigen-specific ELISA for circulating autoantibodies to extracellular matrix protein 1 (ECM1) in lichen sclerosus. J Clin Invest 2004; 113: 1550-9.
- Chan I, El-Zurghany A, Zendah B et al. Molecular basis of lipoid proteinosis in a Libyan family. Clin Exp Dermatol 2003; 28: 545-8.
- Oyama N, Chan I, Neill S et al. Autoantibodies to extracellular matrix protein 1 in lichen sclerosus. Lancet 2003; 362: 118-23.
- Hamada T, Chan I, Willoughby CE et al. Common mutations in Arg304 of the p63 gene in EEC syndrome: Lack of genotype-phenotype correlation and implications for mutation detection strategies. J Invest Dermatol 2002; 119:1202-3.
- Hamada T, Wessagowit V, South AP, Ashton GHS, Chan I et al. Extracellular matrix protein 1 gene (ECM1) mutations in lipoid proteinosis and genotype-phenotype correlation. J Invest Dermatol 2003; 120: 345-50.
- Chan I, Oyama N, Neill S et al. Characterization of autoantibodies to extracellular matrix protein 1 (ECM1) in lichen sclerosus. Clin Exp Dermatol 2004; 29: 499-504.
- van Hougenhouck-Tulleken W, Chan I, Hamada T et al. Clinical and molecular chracterization of lipoid proteinosis in Namaqualand, South Africa. Br J Dermatol 2004; 151: 413-23.
- Chan I, Bingewar G, Patil K et al. An Indian child with lipoid proteinosis resulting from a recurrent frameshift mutation (507delT) in the extracellular matrix protein 1 (ECM1) gene. Br J Dermatol 2004; 151: 726-7.
- Chan I, Liu L, Hamada T et al. The molecular basis of lipoid proteinosis: mutations in extracellular matrix protein 1. Exp Dermatol 2007; 16: 881-90.
- Chan I, Hawkins D and Bunker CB. Balanoposthitis review, BMJ Evidence Centre, Point of Care Online resource. 2009 (
- Edmonds EV, Oyama N, Chan I et al. Extracellular matrix protein 1 autoantibodies in male genital lichen sclerosus. Br J Dermatol 2011;165:218-9.