COVID-19: Find information on how we’re keeping you safe here.
Areas of Expertise
Prof Choudhury performs a range of treatments, including:
- Treatment optimisation in patients with high risk coronary disease (e.g. family history, early onset, recurrent events)
- Management of cardiac and cardio-metabolic risk
Some of the conditions he commonly treats are:
- Coronary artery disease / angina
- Cholesterol problems
- General Cardiology
Research and Awards
Prof Choudhury has published over 200 articles and book chapters on aspects of cardiovascular disease. Selected publications include:
NEW RESEARCH: DIABETES & VASCULAR DISEASE:
- Hyperglycaemia Induces Trained Immunity in Macrophages and Their Precursors and Promotes Atherosclerosis. Circulation. 2021
- Diabetes and Metabolic Drivers of Trained Immunity: New Therapeutic Targets Beyond Glucose. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2021
- Related commentary:
Evening Standard: https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/university-of-oxford-british-heart-foundation-david-davies-b945638.html
- Nature Reviews
NEW RESEARCH: INFLAMMATION & VASCULAR DISEASE:
- Characterization of inflammation processes and pathways in cardiovascular disease as a route to rational targeted therapies. Nature Reviews Cardiology 2017
- Related commentary:
Scientific American: https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/inflammation-in-heart-disease-do-researchers-know-enough/
Get to know Prof. Choudhury
Why did you choose to become a part of OneWelbeck?
OneWelbeck offers my patients (and me), access to state of the art clinical facilities of the highest quality, delivered by friendly efficient professionals in a calm and welcoming environment.
How do you approach your work?
Of course, we work to offer state of the art clinical care that is current and evidence-based. But I also understand that, for many patients and their relatives, the worry about their diagnosis and future is as troubling as the condition itself. I try to help my patients understand their condition and the treatment options so that (with guidance) they can make informed decisions about their care.
“ Huge thanks for your reassurance today. It is a huge relief to be able to be checked by someone I trust totally and of course even better to be told not to worry. “
“Thank you so much for seeing my father on Friday… He was incredibly touched that you should show such kindness.”
“Thank you so much for seeing us yesterday and for your thoughtful and very helpful advice….X seems to have been very encouraged by seeing you.”Testimonials from patients