Find information on how we’re keeping you safe from COVID-19 here
Areas of Expertise
Some of the treatments and procedures Mr Lavy offers are:
Mr Lavy has experience of:
- Over 5000 middle ear operations.
- Over 400 Cochlear Implant surgeries involving all implant manufacturers, performing and teaching the surgical technique around the globe including Germany, Mexico, UAE, Egypt and the Gulf states.
- Over 2500 stapedectomy procedures including revision surgery.
- Over 2000 other surgical procedures for the restoration of hearing.
- Global and Humanitarian work.
Mr Jeremy Lavy is available during the following times:
Mondays: 13.30 – 18:00
Thursdays: 13.30 – 18:00
Research and Publications
My Jeremy Lavy has published widely in peer reviewed journals with particular emphasis on hearing results and the genetics and treatment of otosclerosis
Recent publications include:
Rouhani, Maral J.; Lavy, Jeremy. OTOSCLEROSIS Revision Stapes Surgery: A Novel Technique of Overcoming Erosion of the Long Process of Incus Using Hydroxylapatite Cement and Shape Memory Piston. Otology & Neurotology: March 2019 – Volume 40 – Issue 3 – p 301-304
Fiona McClenaghan, Jeremy Lavy,Does bilateral otosclerosis make pre-operative bone conduction more inaccurate?, Journal of Otology, 2020, ,Journal of Otology.
Previous publications include:
- Powell HR, Rowlands RG, Lavy JA & Wright A. 2010. Day case pediatric middle ear surgery: from myringoplasty to bilateral cochlear implantation International Journal of pediatric Otorhinolarungoology 74;7 pp 803-806
- SEYMOUR, F. K., CRUISE, A., LAVY, J. A., BRADLEY, J., BEALE, T., GRAHAM, J. M. & SAEED, S. R. (2010) Congenital profound hearing loss: management of hypoplastic and aplastic vestibulocochlear nerves. Cochlear implants international, 11, Suppl-6.
- Trinidade A, Rowlands G, Obholzer R & Lavy J. 2008 Late skin flap failure following cochlear implantation Cochlear Implants International. 9; 3 pp167-175
- Lloyd S, Meeron L, DiCuffa R, Lavy J & Graham J. 2007. Taste changes following cochlear implantation. Cochlear Implants International. 8;4, pp203-210
- CRAIG, M. & LAVY, J. (2006) How I do it/short communication: the middle temporal artery flap for coverage of an exposed cochlear implant cable in the mastoid cavity. Cochlear implants international, 7, (4) 214-218.
- LAVY, J. A., EAST, C. A., BAMBER, A. & ANDREWS, P. J. (2004) Gold weight implants in the management of lagophthalmos in facial palsy. Clinical Otolaryngology & Allied Sciences, 29, (3) 279-283.