Find information on how we’re keeping you safe from COVID-19 here
Areas of Expertise
Ms Mavrides performs a range of treatments, including:
- Advanced minimally invasive gynaecological surgery
- Gynaecological ultrasound
- All types of fibroid surgery (laparoscopic, open and hysteroscopic),
- Ovarian screening
- Laproscopic treatment to endoemtriosis
Some of the conditions she commonly treats are:
- Abnormal bleeding
- Ovarian cysts
- Endometriosis (includiong stage 4 endoemtriosis)
- Pelvic pain
Ms Eleni Mavrides (MRCOG, MD (Lon)) trained as an undergraduate at Guy’s and St Thomas Hospitals Medical School, London. She qualified in 1997. Ms Mavrides went on to complete her training in the specialty of Obstetrics and Gynaecology at St George’s Hospital Medical school and Queen Charlottes and Hammersmith Hospitals. Here she gained her experience in all aspects of Obstetrics and Gynaecology including obstetric and gynaecological ultrasound. Following qualification, Miss Mavrides then completed two years in research in obstetric ultrasound at St Georges Hospital University. As of 2004 she holds a Doctorate of Medicine of the University of London (MD London) and she gained the Advanced Diploma in Obstetric Ultrasound for the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG).
Ms Eleni Mavrides now has over 14 years of consultant experience at the Royal Free Hospital, specialising in advanced minimally invasive gynaecological surgery.
Ms Mavrides has achieved multiple publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- E Mavrides, G Penney, S Arulkumaran. Prevention and Management of Postpartum Haemorrhage ,Green Top Guideline on behalf of the RCOG.
- Eleni Mavrides, Alan Farthing. Management of postoperative complications StratOG Module on behalf of RCOG, 2008
- E Mavrides, S Sairam, B Hollis, B Thilaganathan. First trimester ductus venosus flow in screening for fetal aneuploidy BJOG. 2002 Sep;109(9):1015-9.
- E Mavrides, G Moscoso, J Carvalho, S Campbell, B Thilaganathan. The anatomy of umbilical, portal and hepatic venous systems in the human fetus at 14-19 weeks’ gestation. Ultrasound Obstet Gynaecol 2002 18:598-605
Eleni was absolutely wonderful form start to finish. I had a phone consultation with her on Tuesday and on Friday I was already in hospital for laparoscopy. Eleni managed to cut out all my endometriosis and as soon as I woke up I felt like a new person. She has the most wonderful bedside manner and even though I couldn’t have any family with me because of Vovid, she made me feel at ease. If I could give Eleni more than 5 stars I would . Thank you so much!Patient of Miss Eleni Mavrides
Getting to know Ms Mavrides
“My philosophy is that patients should be involved in decision making and know that advice will be up to date, relevant to their needs, and provide the information needed to be confident in making decisions about treatment.”
Why did you choose to become a part of OneWelbeck
It provide a holistic approach and excellent patient care under one roof to make the patient journey as smooth as possible
What keeps you busy in your personal life?