This service or treatment is generally covered by most health insurance policies. You are responsible for checking your insurance policy cover, and you may need a referral letter. Check which insurance companies are covered.
Urodynamics is an umbrella term that encompasses tests used to evaluate bladder function. This will include tests which evaluate how well your bladder, sphincter and urethra are able to store and release urine. If you are experiencing some of the symptoms listed below, your doctor may recommend you have some urodynamic tests.
The symptoms your doctor may look out for when they advice some Urodynamic tests may include:
- urge incontinence or urine leakage
- recurring urinary tract infections (UTIs)
- frequent urination
- problems emptying the bladder completely
- painful urination
- sudden, strong urges to urinate
- problems starting a urine stream