Dr Emma Craythorne MBChB FRCP became a member of the Royal College of Physicians by completing her postgraduate Medicine and Surgery training in Edinburgh. She completed 4-year specialist training in dermatology at Kings College, London and joined the specialist General Medical Councils register as a Consultant Dermatologist.
Dr Craythorne undertook a Royal College accredited Fellowship in Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Laser surgery at the distinguished skin hospital St John’s Institute of Dermatology.
She is the current President of the British Cosmetic Dermatology Group, treasurer of the St Johns Dermatological Society and Trustee for the Cosmetic practice standards authority, responsible for ensuring that standards of care in non-surgical cosmetic practice is supreme.
Dr Craythorne is actively involved with multiple research projects published in peer-reviewed scientific journals. She has authored multiple book chapters including her own textbook of dermatology.
- Pocket Tutor Dermatology
- Dramatic response of metastatic cutaneous angiosarcoma to an immune checkpoint inhibitor in a patient with xeroderma pigmentosum: whole-genome sequencing aids treatment decision in end-stage disease.
Momen S, Fassihi H, Davies HR, Nikolaou C, Degasperi A, Stefanato CM, Dias JML, Dasgupta D, Craythorne E, Sarkany R, Papa S, Nik-Zainal S. Cold Spring Harb Mol Case Stud. 2019 Oct 23;5(5):a004408. doi: 10.1101/mcs.a004408. Print 2019 Oct. PMID: 31645345
- Peri-oral papules. Maybury C, Craythorne E. BMJ. 2013 Feb 11;346:f750. doi: 10.1136/bmj.f750. PMID: 23401332
- Confocal microscopy facilitates the ‘one-stop-chop’. Craythorne E, Patalay R, Mallipeddi R. Br J Dermatol. 2017 Sep;177(3):614-615. doi: 10.1111/bjd.15766. PMID: 28940273
- Management of vulval melanoma in situ with imiquimod. Veraitch O, Lewis F, Craythorne E, Calonje E, Nath R. Br J Dermatol. 2019 Apr;180(4):947-948. doi: 10.1111/bjd.17433. Epub 2019 Jan 4. PMID: 30430545
- A 10-year review of surgical management of dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans. Durack A, Gran S, Gardiner MD, Jain A, Craythorne E, Proby CM, Marsden J, Harwood CA, Matin RN; DFSP Collaborators. Br J Dermatol. 2020 Jun 29. doi: 10.1111/bjd.19346. Online ahead of print. PMID: 32599647
Get to know Dr Emma Craythorne..
What keeps you busy in your personal life?
The theme of Discovery: Keeping up with my three children’s new discovery of everything and discovering the Natural world near and far.
Solving dermatological mysteries for the Discovery Channel