The post holder will work as part of a team to provide a safe, effective, efficient care environment for patients, relatives and carers. They will be responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care under indirect supervision from senior staff. They are expected to be able to demonstrate procedures and supervise unqualified staff, and work without direct supervision once competencies are complete. Employees should honour One Welbeck’s Mission Statement by demonstrating appropriate behaviours and encouraging this in others. Adhere the NMC Code at all times. Employees should demonstrate commitment to quality patient care through effective team working
- Salary: Experience dependent
- Location: OneWelbeck Women’s Health Centre
- Full Time
Key result areas
- Carries out a full range of registered nurse duties, including assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of the patient’s condition and care with support from the nurse in charge. Maintain the privacy and dignity of all patients whilst adhering to One Welbeck and Centre policies, reporting any difficulties with these duties to senior staff.
- Works without direct supervision once key learning outcomes of the induction/ foundation preceptorship programme have been completed. 3 month probationary period applies to career band 5 posts.
- Maintains a safe environment when caring for patients, including those patients requiring frequent levels of monitoring.
- Monitors all patient care and treatment, maintaining high standards and quality at all times.
- Documents incidents on Compucare in real time and escalated these to nurse in charge and is area of trust risk management and how to raise concerns policies.
- Is able to prioritise nursing care, recognise deterioration in a patient’s condition and alert senior staff.
- Maintains accurate, contemporaneous and legible written records of care.
- Uses effective communication, written and verbal with all levels of staff including the multidisciplinary team, patients and relatives.
- Adheres to the agreed procedures as identified, and promotes by example, a high standard of good quality nursing care in the department.
- Fosters good relationships with other departments, the multidisciplinary team and visitors to the unit. Helps to achieve and maintain morale for both staff and patients.
- Participates in the health education and explanation of treatment to patients and relatives.
- Adheres One Welbeck’s Uniform and dress code policy.
- Responsible as a trained nurse for the control and administration of drugs within the regulations and the NMC and completes mandatory medicine management training
- Participates in Centre Projects, enhancing the standards of care.
- Assist in the updating of Professional practice/procedures in line with current research.
- Contribute to the learning environment conducive for nursing students and other staff in training.
- Assist in the implementation of local initiatives.
- Maintain own personal profile.
- Ensure they meet the requirements for revalidation immediately
Education and Training
- Complete all Mandatory training and ensure that updates are booked in a timely fashion and agreed by the Lead Nurse
- Registered Nurse
- Must be willing to undertake relevant post registration courses as advised by the Centre Manager/Lead Nurse
- ILS course
- Competent in basic wound management
- Aware of how risk management impacts on role as a nurse
- Understands that safeguarding is everyone’s business Skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- IT literate
- Ability to demonstrate initiative
- Prioritising skills
- Clear written and spoken English
- Able to work effectively in a team
- Enthusiastic and assertive
- Caring and compassionate
- Flexibility and reliability
- Strong desire to improve standards
- Dynamic and supportive
- Keen to implement research based practice
How to apply
To apply for this role send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com