Areas of Expertise
Dr Kalra performs a range of treatments, including:
- General cardiology
- Coronary angiography
- Percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI)
- Biosorbable vascular scaffold implantation
- Optical coherence tomography (OCT)
- Intravascular ultrasound (IVUS)
- Pressure wire assessment
- Rotational atherectomy
Some of the most common conditions he treats are:
- Coronary artery disease/Ischaemic heart disease
- Myocardial infarction
- Coronary revascularisation
- Preventative cardiology
- Arrhythmia management
- Heart failure
Dr Kalra (MA Hons, MBBS, MRCP), graduated from the University of Cambridge and Imperial College School of Medicine in London, completing his MBBS in 2003.
He began specialist training in cardiology and interventional cardiology at King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, achieving his MRCP in 2006.
Dr Kalra then spent four years as a research fellow at King’s College Hospital until 2014, and was appointed as consultant cardiologist at the Royal Free Hospital, in 2016.
Research and Awards
Dr Kalra has a keen interest in research and his work is regularly published in highly-respected medical journals such as the Lancet and EMJ.
His current research focuses on:
- Acute coronary syndrome
- Vascular calcification
- Optical coherence tomography
- Biosorbable vascular scaffolds
Getting to know Dr Kalra
Dr Kalra speaks English, Punjabi, Urdu and Hindi.