Find information on how we’re keeping you safe from COVID-19 here
Areas of Expertise
Miss Constantinou specialises in the following areas:
- Breast assessment
- Benign breast disease
- Breast screening
- Breast cancer
- Extensive oncoplastic breast conservation surgery
- Immediate and delayed breast reconstruction
- Advise on family history of breast cancer and genetic testing
Miss Constantinou obtained her higher general surgical training in Red Cross Hospital in one of the busiest and trauma centers hospitals in Athens. She received further higher specialist training in breast surgery and advanced oncoplastic breast surgery techniques at some of London’s world’s famous Breast Units including Imperial College London and Royal Free Hospital. Prior to taking up a Consultant Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon post at Kingston NHS Foundation Hospital she undertook a prestigious Oncoplastic Fellowship in Breast Surgery at Royal Marsden Hospital, London.
In 2018, she was awarded a PhD thesis for her research on Triple Negative Breast Cancer, at University of Ioannina, School of Medicine, Greece; a retroprospective project that investigated the correlation of immnunohistochemical markers with the prognosis of triple negative breast cancer. The results were published in peer review journals. She has an active interest in surgical research and has published widely in peer reviewed journals.
Miss Constantinou has been featured in numerous peer-reviewed publications.
- Expression and Clinical Significance of claudin-7, PDL-1, PTEN, c-Kit, c-Met, cMyc, ALK, CK5/6, CK17, p53, EGFR, Ki67, p63 in Triple Negative Breast Cancer.A Single Centre Prospective Observational Study. C Constantinou, S Papadopoulos, E Karyda, A Alexopoulos, N Agnanti, A Batistatou and H Harisis, in vivo32: 303-311 (2018) doi:10.21873/invivo.11238
- Inflammation and breast cancer. C Constantinou, IS Fentiman. Breast Cancer Management, 2013 Vol. 2, No. 4, Pages 311-325, DOI 10.2217/bmt.13.26 (doi:10.2217/bmt.13.26)
- Ductal Carcinoma in Situ Treatment Requires a Multidisciplinary Approach. C Constantinou, IS Fentiman. Journal of Cancer Therapy 2013. Vol. 4 No. 7, Article ID: 36240 , 14 pages DOI:10.4236/jct.2013.47140
- The value of plasma neurotensin and cytokine measurement for the detection of bowel ischaemia in clinically doubtful cases: a prospective study. Sgourakis G, Papapanagiotou A, Kontovounisios C, Karamouzis MV, Lanitis S, Konstantinou C, Karaliotas C, Papavassiliou AG.Exp Biol Med (Maywood).
- Diagnosis and treatment of Male Breast Cancer. Chloe Constantinou and Ian Fentiman. Breast cancer Management, 2013 Vol. 1, No. 4, Pages 295-304 , DOI. 10.2217/bmt.12.47 (doi:10.2217/bmt.12.47