About OneWelbeck Lung Health
OneWelbeck Lung Health was founded by a group of leading doctors whose objective is to develop a state-of-the-art respiratory centre at the heart of the Harley Street medical area. The centre provides world class diagnostic treatment offering a comprehensive suite of non-invasive testing including Full Lung function tests, Reversibility testing, bronchial provocation studies and Cardio-Pulmonary Exercise Tests. In conjunction with this, we have recently launched a comprehensive sleep service as well as an endoscopy service offering both Bronchoscopy and EBUS. Phlebotomy services and CT imaging are available on the respiratory floor which operate independently of OneWelbeck Lung Health.
Main duties & responsibilities
We are looking to recruit a highly motivated, enthusiastic and reliable individual to join the Lung Health team at OneWelbeck. Applicants should ideally have experience working as an independent physiologist across a range of routine investigations.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Perform a range of complex diagnostic tests including challenging cases on adults with a broad spectrum of pathology, in an outpatient environment, at independent level.
- Use initiative, apply a problem-solving approach and report on all diagnostic tests without supervision.
- Participate in a multidisciplinary team delivering specialist respiratory diagnostic services, liaising with the Centres medical and administrative staff, Clinical Nurse Specialists, consultants, and management teams.
- Communicate with clarity and sensitivity to a broad range of patient groups showing empathy and emotional support when required.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of the recommendations, risks, and contraindications of lung function procedures as well as the drugs involved in these procedures and communicate this information in a professional and confident manner to all patients.
- Be proficient and participate in all non-invasive respiratory procedures when required including Full lung function including reversibility and support with bronchial provocation studies and cardio-pulmonary exercise tests.
- Be a key member of the Immediate Life Support team in all Respiratory clinical areas.
- Take responsibility for self-development on a continual basis, undertaking on-the-job and other training as required, and to participate in the departmental appraisal system.
- Assist in the promotion and development of new ideas and encourage other staff to do likewise.
- Active involvement in monitoring the quality of the service provided.
- Complete all necessary documentation and records for all patients undergoing any investigation.
- Develop professional and IT skills as demanded by the needs of the department, including using the centre patient records databases and reporting systems.
- Report equipment and environmental problems according to departmental protocols, and to initiate Facilities, Domestic Services etc as required.
- Attend and actively participate in departmental meetings in conjunction with senior colleagues to contribute a proactive approach to issues relating to quality of care, technical standards and efficiency improvements, as applied to own area of work and that of colleagues.
- Assist consultant staff as and when required.
- Assist in the maintenance of daily stock levels, departmental administration and responding to patient queries.
- Participate in audits and quality initiatives as appropriate and assist in collecting departmental statistics.
Specialist training in aspects of the service will be provided as appropriate. The job description is not intended to be exhaustive and it is likely that duties may be altered from time to time in the light of changing circumstances and after consultation with the post holder.
You will have completed BSc Clinical Physiology or have a relevant scientific degree, or equivalent experience. RCCP or AHCS registration and ARTP (Part 1 & Part 2) professional examination qualifications are desirable.
- Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- 40 hours/week Monday – Friday with the view to expand to weekends in the future.
Salary & benefits
- Competitive salary (experience dependent) & employee benefits
- Attractive performance-linked incentives
- To apply, please submit your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org