OneWelbeck Lung Health & OneWelbeck Heart Health
Tired of your current role and looking for a change? We are hiring for a receptionist for our cardiac and respiratory centres at OneWelbeck in London. With on-site imaging and diagnostics capabilities, and our own surgical floor, we ensure that patients are seen by the right specialists at their very first appointment, and can take advantage of our multi-disciplinary approach by having tests and treatments on the same day and both day-case or outpatient investigations & procedures. Read more about the role below.
- To ensure that patient referrals are added to the relevant electronic care records systems and take ownership of the scheduling of patients for consultations, diagnostic testing and day case procedures.
- To learn and understand individual patient pathways.
- To prepare patient records in preparation for their appointments or procedures with the appropriate clinical reports and data.
- Answer telephone calls ensuring all enquires are handled efficiently. To deal with all patients
either on the phone or in person in a delicate manner offering support, advice and reassurance. Listen to their concerns and act appropriately. Ensure all messages are relayed as quickly as possible to the Consultant(s) and/or medical team and respond to any resulting information in a timely manner.
- To manage the patient care journey through the centre efficiently and sensitively maintaining a patient centred approach at all times.
- Optimise office workflow procedures and ensure physician productivity by maintaining calendars; scheduling patient appointments and physician consultations.
- To liaise with physician practice secretaries and key contacts in 3rd party providers to ensure a seamless, integrated care pathway.
- When required, generates revenues by raising invoices, completing direct patient and third party billing.
Secures information by completing database back-ups if required.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential in accordance with local policies on information governance and confidentiality of care records.
- Innovate office procedures in own work area to ensure that there is no breakdown in the patient care pathway.
- Ensure patient details are correct on appropriate IT programmes/electronic care records demonstrating outstanding attention to detail
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock; anticipating needs; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Keeps office equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- To help implement new ways of working to improve the private patient experience and efficiency of service.
- Serves and protects the health care community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, national, and local requirements.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Work closely with the Patient Pathway Manager and Centre Director to ensure the patients administrative service is appropriately covered in response to service needs. This will include
cross-cover of the front-of-house and Private Patients Pathway Manager role.
- Enhances centre and physician reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments and looking to exceed expectations at every point of patient contact.
- To have at least 2 years’ experience working in a high-end / five star customer service role.
- Organisational skills
- Communication skills
- Positive attitude towards multidisciplinary team members and support team led services
Salary & Benefits
£22,000 upwards (experience dependent), Private Healthcare Cover & other employee benefits and performance linked incentives.
How to apply
To apply, please email your current CV and cover letter to email@example.com