Find information on how we’re keeping you safe from COVID-19 here
Areas of Expertise
Mr Hamilton performs a range of treatments, including:
- Forefoot reconstruction
- Ankle arthroscopy
- Minimally invasive foot surgery
- Sports surgery
- Extra-corporeal shockwave therapy
Some of the conditions he commonly treats are:
- Bunion (hallux valgus)
- Achilles tendon
- Morton’s neuroma
- Plantar fasciitis
- Foot and ankle sports injuries
- Degenerate, traumatic or inflammatory midfoot and hindfoot conditions
- Tendon or ligament problems including: Achilles tendon, peroneal tendon and tibialis posterior dysfunction
- Ankle pain and instability
Mr Paul Hamilton, FRCS (Tr & Orth), PG Dip (Tr & Orth), BMedSci (Hons), graduated from St Bartholomew’s and the Royal London Medical School, in 1998.
He completed his higher surgical training, in 2009. During this period he completed three medical fellowships in the UK and a travelling fellowship to Boston, USA, including a sports foot and ankle fellowship at Basingstoke General Hospital and at Guys and St Thomas’.
Having completed his training he went on to Addenbrookes’s Hospital, Cambridge for a further year of specialist training in trauma, foot and ankle surgery.
He was then appointed as a consultant orthopaedic surgeon at Epsom and St Helier Hospitals NHS Trust, in 2011.
He has presented and published research in orthopaedics throughout the world.