Find information on how we’re keeping you safe from COVID-19 here
Areas of Expertise
Dr George is experienced in managing all respiratory conditions, with specialist expertise in interstitial lung diseases including:
- Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF)
- Hypersensitivity pneumonitis
- Autoimmune-related lung conditions
- Lung diseases due to scleroderma and rheumatoid arthritis
- Smoking-related lung diseases
- Post-COVID respiratory complications
After completing his undergraduate studies at Imperial College London, Dr Peter George trained in respiratory and general medicine at the most prestigious centres in London. He completed his specialist training in interstitial lung disease at the Hammersmith and Royal Brompton hospitals in London and at the National Jewish Health Hospital in Denver, Colorado, USA.
In 2009, Dr George was awarded an academic clinical fellowship in respiratory medicine at Imperial College London. With funding from the Medical Research Council, Dr George completed his PhD on the role of the immune system in pulmonary inflammation.
Research and Publications
- George PM, Spagnolo P, Kreuter M, Altinisik G, Bonifazi M, Martinez FJ et al.
- Lancet Respir Med. 2020 Sep;8(9):925-934.
- George PM, Barratt SL, Condliffe R, Desai SR, Devaraj A, Forrest I et al.
- Thorax. 2020 Nov;75(11):1009-1016
- George PM, Wells AU, Jenkins RG.
- Lancet Respir Med. 2020 Aug;8(8):807-815