About OneWelbeck Orthopaedics
OneWelbeck Orthopaedics is a new kind of clinic, designed and delivered with patient care at its heart.
OneWelbeck was founded by a group of consultants with a single focus, to create something better for patients. The unique partnership model puts doctors at the heart of decision-making and ensures the patient will always get the best care with the right person.
‘I am incredibly proud to be Chair of Orthopaedics at OneWelbeck. Each of my colleagues is an expert in their specialty and has been hand-picked to create a world-class team offering a holistic service across the full spectrum of musculoskeletal conditions. Built on our passion for care and our shared philosophy that the patient and their experience should always come first, there is no better place to be treated than OneWelbeck.’
Prim Achan, Chair of Orthopaedics
- To create a positive first and lasting impression by offering our visitors and patients a warm and professional welcome
- To ensure that patient referrals are added to the relevant electronic care records systems and take ownership of the scheduling of patients for consultations, diagnostic testing and day case procedures
- Answer telephone calls ensuring all enquires are handled efficiently. To deal with all patients either on the phone or in person in a delicate manner offering support, advice and reassurance. Listen to their concerns and act appropriately. Ensure all messages are relayed as quickly as possible to the Consultant(s) and/or medical team and respond to any resulting information in a timely manner
- To book appointments and send confirmation information to patients
- To help facilitate a smooth patient care journey through the centre efficiently with a patient centred approach
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential in accordance with local policies on information governance and confidentiality of care records
- Works effectively with the clinician practices to ensure effective utilisation of physician schedules, scheduling patient appointments and physician consultations
- To prepare patient records in preparation for their appointments or procedures with the appropriate clinical reports and data.
- To learn and understand individual patient pathways.
- To manage the patient care journey through the centre efficiently and sensitively maintaining a patient centred approach at all times.
- Innovate office procedures in own work area to ensure that there is no breakdown in the patient care pathway.
- Ensure patient details are correct on appropriate IT programmes/electronic care records demonstrating outstanding attention to detail
- Managing transactions for any ‘self-pay’ patients, including raising invoices and taking payments. Following processes for cash, cheque and debit/credit card receipting.
- To accurately scan and attach all correspondence to patient records, when required, in accordance with patient confidentiality policies and general data protection regulations
General/ other tasks
- Keep office equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- To help implement new ways of working to improve the private patient experience and efficiency of service.
- Serves and protects the health care community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, national, and local requirements.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Enhances centre and physician reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments and looking to exceed expectations at every point of patient contact.
- Help implement new ways of working to improve the private patient experience and efficiency of service.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities (e.g. reading professional publications).
- To liaise with physician practice secretaries and key contacts in 3rd party providers to ensure a seamless, integrated care pathway.
- Work closely with Business Office / Admin Lead and Centre Director to ensure the patients administrative service is appropriately covered in response to service needs. This will include cross-cover of the front-of-house role.
- Where required, generate revenues by raising invoices, completing direct patient and third-party billing.
- Undertake daily, weekly, monthly billing and audits as they relate to administrative tasks, billing, collections and Centre policies.
- Responsible for all office supplies inventory by checking stock; anticipating needs; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Support all FOH reception and admin staff in their daily duties
- Troubleshoot daily, weekly, monthly checks and audits as required
- Ensure rota is maintained to cover the service
- Receive orders for stationary, office supplies, catering supplies
- Manage inbound and outbound mail
- Monitor Scheduling for the day, pre-empting any room clashes
- Monthly room charges
- Monthly provider fees
- Support Centre Director and undertake tasks in her absence
- Quality and quantity of work of team ensuring tasks are completed timely, including managing inboxes, making bookings, sending clinic lists etc.
How to apply
To apply, please email your current CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org