We are looking for a top-class individual to Head our centralised Procurement team, based in London. This is a great opportunity to shape the developing Procurement Team; implement procurement best practices in a quickly evolving and growing organisation; and have a big impact.
The Head of Procurement reports to the Chief Operating Officer and will be responsible for developing and delivering Procurement support to all Centres in the network, plus Welbeck Health Partners (‘Corporate’). The role includes a broad range of activities, including:
- Lead and develop the procurement function generating value for all centres
- Define the “road map” to deliver best practice procurement and drive standardisation of efficient procurement processes across the network
- Development and deployment of corporate purchasing programs including processes and systems.
- Implementation and maintenance of procurement systems
- Initial set-up of new centres in all purchasing programs.
- Delivery of procurement training to drive performance across Centres
- Monitoring of Centre compliance with purchasing programs and processes, intervening to drive compliance as required
- Maintenance and management of contract records, management of renewals, etc.
- Maintenance and management of regulatory licenses and insurances
- Production of regular reporting on key procurement metrics
- Assembly and maintenance of a high-performance vendor network
- Maintenance of the vendor directory and ongoing vendor performance management (including establishing KPIs with key suppliers QBRs, etc.)
- Troubleshooting day-to-day problems between Centres and vendors, presenting possible solutions as required
- Design and execution of small and large tenders
- Performance of regular and adhoc cost saving analysis to identify and achieve savings opportunities across the centre network.
- Provision of information and support to Centres and other Corporate departments e.g. for business case development
- Establish and maintain an effective category management programme, supporting the team to agree and deliver category strategies
- Definition and deployment of policies and procedures to support excellent Materials Management processes across the centres
- Implementation and maintenance of Materials Management system(s)
- Induction of new centres into Materials Management practices
- Delivery of Materials Management training to drive performance across Centres
Skills & experience
- Strong previous experience in a similar role within healthcare
- Outstanding leadership and communication skills
- Strategic mindset, focused on long-term value
- Effective developer of effective relationships
- Confident and effective negotiator
- Embraces change & challenge
- Enthusiasm, commitment, and flexible attitude
- Likes to get stuck in and ‘get hands dirty’
Salary & Benefits
- Salary: Up to £90k
- Performance related bonus and potential to receive share options
- Private medical insurance
- Life insurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
How to apply
To apply for this role send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org