- The successful candidate will actively participate in the efficient and effective running of the Women’s Health Centre, acting as an advocate and key worker for patients ensuring that their holistic needs are met
- You will be working to provide clinical expertise, support and knowledge to all patients and carers who attend the Centre and to be involved in decision making.
- The applicant must be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, and have current experience of nursing and supporting gynaecology patient services
- The successful candidate will be expected to deliver clinical excellence and must demonstrate knowledge of gynaecology outpatient services and treatments.
- More important in this role will be a nurse who is dynamic, highly organised, motivated to learn, with proven excellent team working skills and people management skills.
- Work closely with the imaging and multi-professional team to ensure an excellent standard of evidenced base care, outstanding outcomes and patient experience
- You will be joining us as we embark on an exciting journey in developing the Women’s Health Centre and there will be personal and professional development opportunities at OneWelbeck Women’s Health Centre and elsewhere in the growing Welbeck Health network.
- OneWelbeck is developing a number of other centres on other floors of 1 Welbeck Street, which will be linked but operate independently of OneWelbeck Women’s Health. Further centres are also under development or planned around the UK and internationally.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an enthusiastic team carrying out the following responsibilities:
- Develop our clinical excellence: Work alongside the Women’s Health Centre Director and develop initiatives to improve patient experience, at OneWelbeck including clinical and non-clinical team in all aspects and relevant audits and research undertaken by the unit.
- Training & development: exposure to opportunities to continually develop own knowledge and that of the Centre staff.
- Drive innovation: provide support and line management to other staff and adopt new innovations to improve outcomes, patient experience or efficiency using the visibility provided by site digital tools.
- Performance improvement: Facilitate communication and problem solving to establish effective working relationships between clinicians and centre staff. Develop a culture of continuous improvement that focusses on quality and patient satisfaction. Instigate audits and satisfaction surveys alongside the Centre Director
- Regulatory, governance & safety: ensure appropriate processes are in place to meet the requirements of any accreditation bodies. Assist in developing, interpreting, supporting and implementing policies and procedures.
- Expected working hours will be 40 hours per week, distributed over 5 days Monday to Friday from launch with the possibility of extending a 5-day week from Monday to Saturday if there is future demand.
- Ensure that the unit has the staff and resources it needs to operate effectively and safely
- Ensure that all staff follow clinical protocols, policies and procedures at all times and operate in full compliance.
- Liaise fully as appropriate with other nurses, ancillary staff and the breast team as required.
Qualifications and experience needed
- Qualified Registered Nurse
- 2+ years’ experience
- Evidence of working in women’s health services and working with multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience in managing or supporting complex gynaecological outpatient procedures, and after care
- Evidence of post registration professional development in specialist field e.g. ultrasound scanning, gynaecological outpatient procedures
- Experience developing new services/improvements.
Salary and benefits
- Competitive salary (experience dependent)
- Attractive performance-linked incentives
- Private healthcare
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday
How to apply
To apply for this role, please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com.