Find information on how we’re keeping you safe from COVID-19 here
Areas of Expertise
Professor Shakeel Saeed treats various conditions including the following:
Research and Publications
Professor Saeed is active in otological research and peer review, having been involved in over 110 peer-reviewed publications and over 250 presentations and scientific meetings, nationally and internationally.
Professor Saeed is a Principal Investigator on a range of clinical trials as part of his commitment to seek solutions to the challenging ear problems his patients face. His research interests include:
- The current first in humans REGAIN trail exploring a novel drug injected behind the ear drum for hearing restoration
- Trials of surgical techniques and outcomes in lateral skullbase surgery and cochlear implantation
- The genetics of otosclerosis
- Discovery science in cochlear implants, vestibular regeneration
- Facial palsy and enhancing outcomes of surgery
He is also a sub-theme lead for the prestigious UCL/UCL Biomedical Research Centre hearing loss theme.
Professor Saeed has been widely published in journal articles and book chapters. He has also secured over five million pounds of grant income over the last 10 years to support his key areas of clinical and science research.