Professor Jane Setterfield
Consultant Dermatologist and Oral Medicine Specialist
Professor Jane Setterfield is a Consultant Dermatologist and Oral Medicine Specialist with over 25 years of general dermatology experience with specialist expertise in medical dermatology, autoimmune blistering diseases, oral and genital skin disorders
- Dual trained Dermatologist and Oral Medicine Specialist and Clinical Lead for oral dermatology service at Guy’s and St Thomas Hospital
- National and international expert with active research programme on immunobullous diseases and lichen planus
Dr Hiva Fassihi
Dr Hiva Fassihi is a Consultant Dermatologist at OneWelbeck Skin Health & Allergy with a special interest in sun sensitive disorders in addition to delivering light therapy.
- She graduated from the University of Cambridge and trained at the world renowned St John’s Institute of Dermatology, Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospital, London, where she is currently an NHS consultant.
- She has an interest in general dermatological problems such as acne, rosacea, eczema, psoriasis, as well as benign and malignant skin lesions. She performs mole checks and skin cancer treatment. She has a special interest in photodermatology (sun sensitive disorders such as polymorphic light eruption) in addition to delivering phototherapy (light therapy).
- She is an Honorary Reader at King’s College London and has a strong background in translational research. She has expertise in skin cancers and photoprotection with numerous presentations at national and international meetings. Dr Fassihi has over 50 publications in peer-reviewed journals and has also written several book chapters (including Rook Textbook of Dermatology). She has been awarded the Whimster Prize, the Albert M. Kligman Fellowship, the Martin Beare Millenium Paediatric Award, and numerous other awards for her presentations and papers.
Dr Bryan McDonald
Dr Bryan McDonald is a consultant adult and paediatric dermatologist providing holistic care to patients on all aspects of dermatology. He has developed special interests and provides care in:
- General and medical dermatology – including conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, acne vulgaris, rosacea and recurrent boils/hidradenitis suppurativa
- Paediatric dermatology
- Male genital dermatology
- Skin lesion assessment to detect skin cancers
- Procedural dermatology, e.g. surgical procedures, cryotherapy and steroid injections
Dr Katie Lacy
Dr Katie Lacy is experienced in treating patients with general dermatological conditions.
- Specialist expertise: melanoma and moles, use of mole mapping and dermoscopy to identify suspicious skin lesions requiring removal, dysplastic naevus syndrome, skin cancer genetics, non-melanoma skin cancer, general dermatological conditions including acne, eczema and psoriasis and other skin rashes.
- Dr Katie Lacy is a Consultant Dermatologist at the internationally recognised St. John’s Institute of Dermatology at Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospital, London where she is the clinical lead for the melanoma unit at Guy’s Hospital. She is also the Chair for skin cancer for the South East London Cancer Alliance.
- Having completed a PhD in Immunology investigating the effects of ageing on the skin, she is currently a visiting Senior Lecturer at Kings College London and leads research on immune responses in melanoma. Dr Lacy has published her work in peer-reviewed journals and given presentations at national and international meetings on her research in addition to running training courses in Dermoscopy.
Dr Emma Craythorne
Dr Emma Craythorne has expertise in all areas of skin cancer, skin scarring and general and cosmetic dermatology.
- She currently performs around 500 cases of complex Mohs surgery each year and is a mentor in training fellows in Mohs Micrographic Surgery.
Mr Alastair MacKenzie Ross
Consultant Plastic Surgeon
Mr Alastair MacKenzie Ross specialises in plastic surgery, skin cancer, lumps and bumps and scars.
- Expert in melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancer, including lymph node management
- Brings the experience and benefit of multidisciplinary specialist skin cancer team work
- Skilled surgeon in removing benign skin and subcutaneous lesions with due consideration of the cosmetic implications
Dr Rachael Morris-Jones
Dr Rachael Morris-Jones is an experienced clinical dermatologist in skin disease.
- National reputation as a highly skilled and experienced clinical dermatologist in diagnosing and managing a wide range of skin disease in adults and children.
- International reputation in the field of cutaneous infections
- Specialist expertise in managing acne and eczema
Dr Kapil Bhargava
Consultant Dermatologist and Dermatologic (Mohs) Surgeon
Dr Kapil Bhargava specialises in Skin Cancer, Dermatologic surgery including Mohs micrographic surgery and laser surgery, hair and scalp disorders and cosmetic dermatology.
- His NHS practice is at internationally leading teaching hospitals where he is the Lead for Skin Cancer Service at Barts Health, Founder and Lead for Mohs Micrographic Surgery Unit at The Royal London Hospital, Specialist Hair and Scalp clinic at St Thomas’ Hospital providing tertiary opinions on patients with complex hair loss
- He has lectured nationally and internationally, published book chapters and papers in journals including Nature Communications, British Journal of Dermatology, Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology and Journal of Investigative Dermatology.
Dr David Orton
Consultant Dermatologist and Allergist
Dr David Orton has expertise in eczema, skin allergy, patch testing, and the diagnosis and management of general allergy.
- He provides a holistic approach to patients with combined Atopic Disease (eczema, asthma and hay fever)
- He is a recognised national expert in patch testing
- He has established and run cutaneous allergy services and general allergy services across two NHS Trusts
Dr Sarah Wakelin
Dr Sarah Wakelin is an experienced consultant in all aspects of general adult dermatology.
- She has a special interest in the treatment of inflammatory skin diseases (rashes) and facial skin problems including acne and eczema.
- She is the lead consultant for the skin allergy diagnostic service at Imperial College Healthcare Trust, London.
Dr Natalie Attard
Dr Natalie Attard consults on all aspects of skin disease in particular acne, rosacea, psoriasis, eczema, hyperhidrosis and mole checks
- Specialist expertise: skin cancer & biologic therapy for psoriasis
- Dr Attard is clinical lead for general dermatology and co-chair of the local skin cancer MDT at the St John’s Institute of Dermatology, Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust.
Dr Ien Chan
Dr Ien Chan is an experienced dermatologist who sees patients with all general skin disorders.
- He specialises in treating adults and children with skin problems such as acne, rosacea, eczema and psoriasis as well as performing mole checks and screening and treatment of skin cancers.
- His sub-specialty interest is male genital skin disorders and he runs the penile dermatosis clinic at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital.
Prof Jemima Mellerio
Professor Jemima Mellerio is an experienced consultant in all areas of general adult and paediatric dermatology.
- Nationally and internationally recognized expert in paediatric dermatology and genetic skin diseases with clinical as well as research expertise
- Believes in holistic patient and family-centred care with an ethos of ensuring evidence-based decision making
Dr Dev Shah
Consultant Dermatologist and Skin Surgeon
Dr Dev Shah specialises in all aspects of dermatology. He leads the skin cancer and Mohs unit at Buckinghamshire NHS Trust and leads both NHS and private skin cancer multi-disciplinary meetings.
- He specialises in skin cancer surgery, Mohs surgery and cosmetic benign mole removal.
- He has a further subspecialty interest in vitiligo.