Areas of Expertise
Dr Chris Rutkowski performs a range of tests and treatments including:
- Drug and food provocation tests (challenges)
- Skin and blood tests for all types of allergy (food, drugs, pollen, pets etc)
- ISAC test and molecular tests (component resolved diagnosis)
- Anti-IgE (omalizumab) for urticaria and angioedema
- Desensitisation (immunotherapy) for pollen, house dust mite and animal allergy
- Management of severe hay fever and allergic sinusitis
Some of the conditions he commonly treats are:
- Drug and vaccine allergy
- Food allergy
- Rhinoconjunctivitis / hay fever
- Urticaria and angioedema
Dr Chris Rutkowski has achieved multiple publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Adverse reactions to COVID-19 vaccines: a practical approach. Rutkowski K, Mirakian R, Till S, Rutkowski R, Wagner A. Clin Exp Allergy. 2021 Apr 4. doi: 10.1111/cea.13880
- Piperacillin-tazobactam hypersensitivity: A large, multicenter analysis. Casimir-Brown RS, Kennard L, Kayode OS, Siew LQC, Makris M, Tsilochristou O, Chytiroglou E, Nakonechna A, Rutkowski K, Mirakian R, Wagner A. J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract. 2021 May;9:2001-2009.
- The global impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the management and course of chronic urticaria. Kocaturk E, …. Rutkowski K et al. Allergy. 2021 Mar;76:816-830.
- “Omalizumab plus”: combining omalizumab with immunosuppression for treatment of refractory chronic urticaria: a multicenter UK series. Rutkowski K, Wagner A, Jui-Lin Choo K, Smith H, Savic S, Grattan CE. J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract. 2021 Mar;9:1400-1401.e2.
- Synchronous telemedicine in allergy: lessons learned and transformation of care during the COVID-19 pandemic. Thomas I, Siew LQC, Rutkowski K.J Allergy C lin Immunol Pract. 2021 Jan;9:170-176.e1.
- Immediate hypersensitivity reactions to steroids and steroid-containing medications. Rutkowski K, Wagner A, Rutkowski R. Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol. 2020;20:362-366[ ]
- Alpha-gal syndrome: An emerging cause of food and drug allergy. Rutkowski K, Wagner A, Rutkowski R, Sowa P, Pancewicz S, Moniuszko-Malinowska A. Clin Exp Allergy. 2020;50:894-903
- Polyethylene glycol may be the major allergen in depot medroxy-progesterone acetate. Lu IN, Rutkowski K, Kennard L, Nakonechna A, Mirakian R, Wagner A. J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract. 2020:3194-3197
- Flucloxacillin hypersensitivity: patient outcomes in a multicenter retrospective study. Kennard L, Rutkowski K, Siew LQC, Nakonechna A, Sargur R, Egner W, Shrimpton A, Mirakian R, Wagner A. J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract. 2019;7:2212-2217.e1.
- A multicenter evaluation of diagnosis and management of omega-5 gliadin allergy (also known as wheat-dependent exercise-induced anaphylaxis) in 132 adults. Kennnard L, Thomas I, Rutkowski K, Azzu V, Yong PFK, Kasternow B, Hunter H, Cabdi NMO, Nakonechna A, Wagner A. J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract. 2018;6:1892-1897.
- Steroid allergy: clinical features and the importance of excipient testing in a diagnostic algorithm. Li PH, Wagner A, Thomas I, Watts TJ, Rutkowski R, Rutkowski K. J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract. 2018;6:1655-1661.