We are seeking experienced receptionists/administrators with exceptional interpersonal skills to join our team at a new private patient Women’s Health Centre that is being developed on Welbeck Street, in Central London. This is a unique opportunity to work with a group of leading gynaecologists, radiologists, and radiographers in this bespoke unit. You will be joining us as we embark on an exciting journey and there will provide personal and professional development opportunities at OneWelbeck. OneWelbeck has developed a number of other centres on other floors of 1 Welbeck Street, which are linked but operate independently of OneWelbeck Women’s Health. Further centres are also under development or planned around the UK and internationally.
- Salary: Experience dependent
- Location: OneWelbeck Women’s Health Centre, Welbeck Street, London, UK
About OneWlbeck Women’s Health
OneWelbeck Women’s Health was founded by a group of leading women’s health clinicians whose objective is to develop a state-of-the-art Women’s Health Centre at the heart of the Harley Street medical area.
The centre provides world class diagnostic imaging, tests and treatment to patients, offering patients the option of consultation, diagnostic testing and procedure within one attendance at the centre. The centre provides breast screening services, gynaecological endoscopic procedures and consultation to patients along with a high quality ultrasound scanning service. OneWelbeck has a number of other day centres on other floors of 1 Welbeck Street, which include an Imaging Suite in the basement with a CT and laboratory on the Cardiology floor. Further centres are also under development or planned around the UK and internationally.
Duties & responsibilities
- To include all aspects of billing required ie; raising invoices, completing direct patient and third-party billing within The Centre Administration team.
- To ensure that patient referrals are added to the relevant electronic care records systems and take ownership of the scheduling of patients for consultations, diagnostic testing and day case procedures.
- To learn and understand individual patient pathways.
- To prepare patient records in preparation for their appointments or procedures with the appropriate clinical reports and data.
- Answer telephone calls ensuring all enquires are handled efficiently. To deal with all patients either on the phone or in person in a delicate manner offering support, advice and reassurance. Listen to their concerns and act appropriately. Ensure all messages are relayed as quickly as possible to the Consultant(s) and/or medical team and respond to any resulting information in a timely manner.
- To manage the patient care journey through the centre efficiently and sensitively maintaining a patient centred approach at all times.
- Optimise office workflow procedures and ensure physician productivity by maintaining calendars; scheduling patient appointments and physician consultations.
- Secures information by completing database back-ups if required.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential in accordance with local policies on information governance and confidentiality of care records.
- Innovate office procedures in their own work area to ensure that there is no breakdown in the patient care pathway.
- Ensure patient details are correct on appropriate IT programmes/electronic care records demonstrating outstanding attention to detail
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock; anticipating needs; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Keeps office equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- To help implement new ways of working to improve the private patient experience and efficiency of service.
- Serves and protects the health care community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, national, and local requirements.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Work closely with the Patient Pathway Manager and Centre Director to ensure the patients administrative service is appropriately covered in response to service needs. This will include cross-cover of the front-of-house and Private Patients Pathway Manager role.
- Enhances centre and physician reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments and looking to exceed expectations at every point of patient contact.
Education and experience
- Experience working with the general public providing high quality customer care.
- Good level of general education.
- Computer literate. Competent in Microsoft office programs.
- Experience with electronic care records systems (desirable).
- Experience handling confidential and sensitive information (desirable).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- The ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
- The ability to work across functions and to manage pressure.
- A high level of numerical and literacy skills to support providing and interpreting information.
- High levels of motivation.
Salary and benefits
- Competitive salary (experience dependent).
- Private healthcare.
- 5% Contributory pension scheme.
- 20 days holiday.
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com