A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a friendly and proactive individual to join our OneWelbeck Surgery Scheduling team.
MAIN ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To create a positive first and lasting impression by receiving visitors/patients at the front desk by greeting, welcoming, directing them appropriately.
- To help facilitate a smooth patient care journey through the centre efficiently and sensitively maintaining a patient centred approach at all times.
- To complete registration prior to admissions for all patients, checking existingdemographics and ensuring that all forms are correctly completed, signed and registered.
- To accurately scan and attach all correspondence to patient records, when required, in accordance with patient confidentiality policies and general data protection regulations.
- To scan and accurately attach clinical reports to the patient’s electronic care record.
- Liaising with secretaries to ensure any outstanding reports have been obtained.
- Managing transactions for any ‘self-pay’ patients
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g. pens, forms and brochures)
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries.
- To deal with all patients either on the phone or in person in a delicate manner offering support, advice and reassurance. Listen to their concerns and act appropriately. Ensure all messages are relayed as quickly as possible to the administration or theatre team and respond to any resulting information in a timely manner.
- To learn and understand individual patient pathways
- Maintain patient confidence by keeping information confidential in accordance with local policies on information governance and confidentiality of care records.
- Keeps office equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- To keep waiting area tidy and cater for the needs of patients as required.
- Enhances centre and physician reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments and looking to exceed expectations at every point of patient contact.
- To help implement new ways of working to improve the private patient experience and efficiency of service.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities (e.g., reading professional publications).
- Schedule patients on system as required
- First class customer service.
- Strong sense of teamwork and collaboration.
- Highly organized with efficient time management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Previous healthcare experience preferred.
Send application to