- Location: London
Main duties and responsibilities
- To create a positive first and lasting impression by offering our visitors and patients a warm and professional welcome
- To ensure that patient demographics are complete prior consultation with physician. To complete registration procedures for new and follow up patients, checking existing demographics and ensuring that all forms are correctly completed, signed and registered.
- To ensure that patient referrals are added to the relevant electronic care records systems
- To accurately scan and attach all correspondence to patient records, when required, in accordance with patient confidentiality policies and general data protection regulations
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g. pens, forms and brochures)
- Keep waiting area tidy and cater for the needs of patients as required.
- Answer telephone calls ensuring all enquires are handled efficiently. To deal with all patients either on the phone or in person in a delicate manner offering support, advice and reassurance. Listen to their concerns and act appropriately. Ensure all messages are relayed as quickly as possible to the Consultant(s) and/or medical team and respond to any resulting information in a timely manner
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries
- Maintain patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential in accordance with local policies on information governance and confidentiality of care records
- Ensure patient details are correct on appropriate IT programmes/electronic care records demonstrating outstanding attention to detail
- Works effectively with the clinician practices to ensure effective utilisation of physician schedules, scheduling patient appointments and physician consultations
- To liaise with physician practice secretaries and key contacts in 3rd party providers to ensure a seamless, integrated care pathway.
- To prepare patient records in preparation for their appointments or procedures with the appropriate clinical reports and data.
- To learn and understand individual patient pathways.
- To manage the patient care journey through the centre efficiently and sensitively always maintaining a patient centred approach.
- Work in collaboration with the rest of the centre team to ensure operational smoothness and efficiency
- Work closely with the rest of the centre team to ensure the patients administrative service is appropriately covered in response to service needs.
- Taking payments.
- Keep office equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- To help implement new ways of working to improve the private patient experience and efficiency of service.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Enhances centre and physician reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments and looking to exceed expectations at every point of patient contact.
Education and experience
- Higher education (A Levels) (desirable)
- Experience in a high-quality customer facing role, 5-star hospitality experience ideal
- Experience utilising MS Office (Word, PowerPoint & Excel)
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships
- Experience with electronic care records systems (desirable).
- Experience handling confidential and sensitive information (desirable).
- Experience handling confidential and sensitive information (desirable)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- The ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- The ability to work across functions and to manage pressure
- A high level of numerical and literacy skills to support providing and interpreting information
- High levels of motivation
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive salary (experience dependent)
- Private healthcare
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Bonus scheme
Schedule: • Monday to Friday
Work remotely: No
How to apply
To apply for this role send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org