To lead a successful private inhouse pharmacy by ensuring optimum experience for patients, staff and other stakeholders.
- Closing Date: Tuesday, February 28, 2023
- Salary: Competitive
- Location: London
OneWelbeck was founded by a group of leading clinicians whose objective is to develop a state-of-the-art private day-case centre in the greater London area.
OneWelbeck offerz outpatient procedural and daycase intervention work in a unique dedicated setting to include procedures such as Ear, Nose & Throat, Permanent Pacemaker Implantation, Cryo AF Ablation, Orthopaedic, Gynaecological and Gastro-Intestinal procedures.
WHP is developing several other day centres across the UK in addition to the flagship centre at 1 Welbeck Street. Further centres are also planned internationally.
Key Relationships & Stakeholders:
· Joint Venture Boards
· Partner doctor groups
· Clinical leads
· Centre Managers
Operations: Ensuring that all administrative and clinical staff are effectively organised and managed to provide an efficient infrastructure that enables delivery of top-quality care. Management of SLAs with external providers and other Centres.
Quality assurance & performance improvement: Ensuring the Centre’s activities and records adhere to regulatory requirements; evaluating performance and developing action plans for improvement. Facilitating communication and problem solving to establish effective working relationships between clinicians and centre staff. Develop a culture of continuous improvement that focusses on quality and patient satisfaction.
Financial performance: Take responsibility for planning, monitoring and assessing performance against the budget
People management: Selecting, orientating, supervising and evaluating the performance of all staff. Maintaining standards of performance and assisting in the development and completion of personal development plans for all staff members.
Training & development: Actively seeking opportunities to continually develop own knowledge and that of the unit staff.
Regulatory, governance & safety: Ensure appropriate processes and outcome management are in place to meet the requirements of all accreditation bodies, including but not limited to CQC & the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC). Assist in developing, interpreting, supporting and implementing policies and procedures. You will be the CQC Registered Manager of the unit.
· Implements best practices and regulations adopted, to provide safety in the workplace
· Monitors the Centre’s physical environment and initiates methods for maintaining safety, comfort, cleanliness, and efficiencies
· Monitors the care, cleaning, and required maintenance of equipment to maintain proper working conditions. Identifies and evaluates need for items relative to trends, centre personnel requests, and positive patient outcomes
· Works with the Safety Officer to resolve observed or suspected safety violations and hazards to ensure policy/procedure compliance
· Submits information to licensed (as state required) healthcare risk manager, for preparation of risk management reports
· Ensures COSSH regulations are met, clinical staff are educated, and supplies are readily available
· Monitors FTE utilisation and makes recommendations to promote cost-effective man-hour practices
· Oversees the comprehensive and informative orientation programs for new employees in all clinical areas
· Directs and participates in Centre committees, meetings, in-services, and activities
· Provides input regarding short and long term goals of the Centre
· Ensures centre is clean and facility is maintained per policy, accreditation, and regulatory compliance
· Ensures equipment is clean, disinfected, sterile (as required), and operational at all times
· Ensures continuing education for clinical staff members as needed
· Monitors operational activities for effective and efficient management of daily operation
· Manages performance of services provided by contracted providers (e.g., pathology, radiology, housekeeping)
· Prepares or delegates staffing schedules in accordance with vacations, holidays, daily personnel assignments and duties according to experience and skill level to provide quality patient care
· Ensures staff are cross-trained (as appropriate) to provide a productive and efficient work environment for all areas
· Reviews daily time and attendance sheets and maintains attendance logs
· Observes and evaluates the performance of all centre personnel and works to continuously improve the quality of care and services
· Counsels centre personnel and makes recommendations for salary adjustments, promotions, and/or terminations
· Evaluates suggestions, grievances, and processes to identify opportunities to improve performance and quality of care
· Analyses data from quality assurance performance-improvement program and prepares reports and action plans
· Shares knowledge gained in continuing education with centre personnel
· Regular and predictable attendance
· Attends all required education
Quality Care & Governance:
· Remains current on applicable local and national laws, rules and regulations, and professional and accrediting-body standards
· Submits required reports on a timely basis
· Develops, interprets, and implements policies, procedures, regulations, programs, and recommended practices to meet requirements of regulatory and accrediting organisations
· Reviews policies/procedures to ensure continued compliance with national and accrediting-body rules, regulations, and standards
· Assists in the implementation and maintenance of the centre’s adopted quality assessment, performance improvement program
· Assists in the maintenance, education, and implementation of the centres policies and procedures to the Governing Board, the QAPI committee (as required) and the wider Healthcare team
· Assists in the implementation and maintenance of the centre’s adopted compliance programme
· Actively contributes to the QAPI process and identifies his or her own role and contributions
· Ability to analyse data from performance improvement program, prepare reports, and develop action plans for presentation to the QAPI Committee
· Serves on the Quality Assessment, Performance Improvement (QAPI) committee
· Maintains open lines of communication with Medical Director & QAPI Chairperson
· Oversees medical staff/allied health credentialing program
· Coordinates with Medical Director ongoing and event related Peer Review Processes
· Maintains confidentiality of medical staff/allied health credentialing files
· Undertake continuous personal development as a leader
· Management of the centre’s senior pharmaceutical and general management staff
· Completion of staffing reviews
· Enable coaching and mentoring within the centre
· Manage staff development, in line with identified needs and talent management
· Demonstrate the organisation’s values and embed across the centre
· Champion of equality and Diversity
· Be accountable for delivery of safe staffing levels across all staff groups highlighting risks through the Joint Venture board.
· Monitors and analyses monthly operating reports (MOR)
· Promotes cost containment and efficient use of Centre resources
· Assists in the development and implementation of capital and operating budgets
· Submits reports on the Centre’s fiscal, human, and material resource requirements
· Conducts and analyses cost benefit analysis to identify potential cost-effective improvements and make recommendations
· Approves payroll submissions
· Identifies need for new/different items, in regard to trends and centre needs, within budget allowances, to promote cost effectiveness, and minimize waste
· Promotes cost containment and efficient use of Centre resources, utilising Materials Management principals
· Analyses and makes recommendations for potential cost-effective improvements within the centre
· Ensures centre is maintained to provide a comfortable and safe working environment
· Chairs or participates on designated committees
· Ensures adequate inventory and manages new product/equipment implementation
· Monitors and verifies required materials management documentation (i.e., purchase orders, invoices, delivery receipts etc.) are current and complete
· Ensures appropriate purchasing practices are followed
Infection Prevention & Control:
All Welbeck Health Partners employees, whether involved directly or indirectly in the provision of healthcare, have a duty to co-operate with and implement Business policies and procedures in preventing and controlling infection. This includes co-operation with colleagues and contractors also involved in the provision of healthcare so far as is necessary to enable the Business to meet its obligations under the Health and Social Care Act 2008.
Welbeck Health Partners is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and adults at risk and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and ensure they work in accordance with the Welbeck Health Partners Safeguarding Child and Adult at Risks Policies and Procedures.
Staff should ensure that they remain up to date with safeguarding training requirements and know how to report safeguarding concerns or allegations against staff and should follow safeguarding policy and procedures and the allegations against staff policy.
Maintain confidentiality in relation to personal data held for colleagues and patients, ensuring that it is processed lawfully; for no purpose other than that for which it was obtained; is relevant to that purpose; is retained for no longer than is necessary; is processed in accordance with the rights of the subject to access and accuracy; and is protected from accidental loss or damage in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act (as amended), and records management guidance.
Maintain confidentiality of patient-identifiable personal data using a non-identifiable alternative, where practicable, and limiting access on a strictly need to know basis in accordance with the responsibilities of the Business’s Caldicott Guardian.
Accept personal responsibility for contributing to the Welbeck Health Partners management of risk, including the reasonable avoidance of any action which would knowingly cause unacceptable risk to self, others, or to the Business.
As far as is reasonably practicable attempt to prevent other people from undertaking tasks or actions which would knowingly cause risks to self, others, or to the Business, in accordance with the Business policy and training.
Identify and report actual or potential hazards/ risks in the work environment in accordance with Business policies and take immediate action to minimise risks where it is reasonably practicable to do so.
Identify and report to the appropriate authority incidents of risk, neglect, abuse or endangerment to vulnerable adults and children.
Follow Welbeck Health Partners policy on use of Personal Protective Equipment e.g., Masks, Gloves, Visors etc.
Awareness of and compliance with Health and Safety Regulations.
Equality & Diversity:
The Business recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce reflective of the communities that we serve and is committed to equal opportunities in employment with a devotion to eliminate all forms of unlawful discrimination. The Business aims to promote equality of opportunity and good relations between staff and patients (including volunteers, contractors and bank staff). All individuals have a duty to adhere to the Business Diversity and Equality Opportunity policy and an individual responsibility towards the application and understanding of the Equality Act 2010. Inequitable behaviour will not be tolerated, and every person has a responsibility to highlight discriminatory practice.
Health and Safety at work:
In addition to the Business responsibilities under the Health and Safety legislation, you are reminded of your responsibilities for health and safety at work under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 (as amended) and associated legislation. These include the duty to take reasonable care of the health and safety of yourself and others in your work activities and to co-operate with your employer in the discharge of its statutory duties. You must adhere strictly to the Business policies and procedures on health and safety and report all accidents, dangerous occurrences, unsafe practices or damage to your manager promptly using the Business incident reporting system. You must make use of appropriate training, safety equipment, protective clothing and footwear and attend training. Failure to comply with these requirements may result in disciplinary action.
Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
If the post you are undertaking requires you to complete a DBS disclosure, this will be managed and processed in line with the DBS Policy, and you will be required to sign up and maintain your subscription to the DBS Update Service.
Qualifications, Accreditations, Education
Education to degree level or equivalent qualification and or experience
Evidence of further professional academic or management studies
Experience of managing people and teams
Leading capacity planning
Operational management experience
Clinical Management experience including quality and safety management
Experience of CQC compliance management
Experience in risk management and assessment in clinical setting
Experience of private healthcare market
Experience of managing all aspects of an independent clinical practice (e.g. admin, operations, commercial)
Experience as registered CQC manager
Knowledge and Skills
Leadership & people management skills within a multi-disciplinary team
In managing others, has an approach which is both inclusive and developmental
Planning, developing and implementing strategies
Implementing change and evaluation
Key stakeholder relationship management - building partnerships, strategic working relationships and collaborations
Developed Communication skills - presenting, influencing, persuading and negotiating
Adhere to the Business values and behaviours
Able to move easily between the detail and the big picture on issues in understanding and explaining the complexity of challenges and possible solutions
Adaptability, flexibility and agility
Problem solving skills and a track record of innovative thinking
Integrity and resilience
Key: A = application, I = interview, T = test
How to apply
To apply for this role send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com