About OneWelbeck Heart Health
- OneWelbeck Heart Health is a new kind of clinic, designed and delivered with patient care at its heart.
- Unlike in most private clinics, our doctors aren’t competitors. They’re partners, with a shared goal: to deliver the best possible outcome for every patient. A 7000ft outpatient centre delivers the full outpatient journey for our patients including access to advanced imaging modalities.
- Our day-case surgery pathways ensure that in most cases our patients are able to access exceptional care under one roof.
Responsible for rendering non-invasive physiology to patients undergoing treatment within the centre in accordance with established policies and procedures. Functions cooperatively with healthcare team.
- To perform a range of complex diagnostic echocardiograms including challenging cases on adults with a broad spectrum of pathology, in an outpatient environment, at independent level.
- To support the highly specialist echocardiographic service including Transoesophageal echocardiograms, Dobutamine and Exercise Stress Echo, Contrast studies.
- To use initiative, apply a problem-solving approach and report complex diagnostic echocardiograms without supervision.
- To participate in a multidisciplinary team delivering specialist cardiac diagnostic services; liaising with the Cardiac medical and administrative staff, Arrhythmia Nurse Specialist, Cardiac Rhythm Management and Electrophysiology teams.
- To communicate with clarity and sensitivity to a broad range of patient groups showing empathy and emotional support when required.
- To demonstrate advanced knowledge of the recommendations, risks and contraindications of highly specialist Echo procedures as well as drugs involved in these procedures and communicate this information in a professional and confident manner to all patients.
- To be proficient and participate in all non-invasive cardiology procedures when required including ECG’s, Blood pressure monitors, exercise tolerance testing.
- To be a key member of the Immediate Life Support team in all Cardiology clinical areas.
- To take responsibility for self-development on a continual basis, undertaking on-the-job and other training as required, and to participate in the departmental appraisal system.
- Assist in the promotion and development of new ideas and encourage other staff to do likewise.
- Active involvement in monitoring the quality of the service provided.
- Complete all necessary documentation and records for all patients undergoing any investigation.
- To develop professional and IT skills as demanded by the needs of the department, including using the centre patient records databases and reporting systems.
- To report equipment and environmental problems according to departmental protocols, and to initiate Facilities, Domestic Services etc as required.
- To attend and actively participate in departmental meetings in conjunction with senior colleagues to contribute a proactive approach to issues relating to quality of care, technical standards and efficiency improvements, as applied to own area of work and that of colleagues.
- To be actively involved in any future on-call echo rota (not currently part of the service), providing an out of hours service as necessary.
- To assist consultant staff as and when required.
- To assist in the maintenance of daily stock levels, departmental administration and responding to patient queries.
- To participate in audits and quality initiatives as appropriate and assist in collecting departmental statistics.
Qualifications and experience needed
- RCCP registered cardiac physiologist with BSE accreditation
- A minimum of 2 year post registration experience an NHS varied caseload environment
- Current ILS certification
- Expert knowledge of non-invasive cardiac physiology
- Excellent organisational skills
- The ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to set, implement and evaluate standards of practice
- The ability to work across functions and to manage pressure
- Strong numeracy and literacy skill
Salary and benefits
- Competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience.
- Attractive performance-linked incentives
- Private medical insurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
How to apply
To apply for this role, please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com.