Find information on how we’re keeping you safe from COVID-19 here
Mr Power completed his training partly in Ireland before starting a fellowship in microvascular surgery at the Royal Marsden Hospital in London in 2012. Following this fellowship, Mr Power was awarded a prestigious scholarship from the Royal College of Surgeons which allowed him to finish his training at the world-renowned Melanoma Institute Australia. Mr Power completed a fellowship in Melanoma and Surgical Oncology before returning to take up a Consultant position at the Royal Marsden in 2014.
He was awarded the John Calder Medal by the British Association of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons for his work on wound healing research in 2009. He has published and presented his research nationally and internationally. He has recently been awarded a Master of Aesthetic Surgery with distinction by Queen Mary University of London.
Mr Power has published peer-reviewed papers in leading medical journals in the field of breast reconstruction.
- A Comparison of the Short-term Outcomes of Three Flap Reconstruction Techniques Used After Beyond Total Mesorectal Excision Surgery for Anorectal Cancer. DLH Baird, G Pellino, S Rasheed, KT Power, C Kontovounisios, PT Tekkis, K W Ramsey. Dis Colon Rectum. 2020 Apr;63(4):461-468.
- The impact of immediate breast reconstruction on the time to delivery of adjuvant therapy: the iBRA-2 study. Br J Cancer. 2019 Apr;120(9):883-895.
- Comparison of Immediate versus Delayed DIEP Flap Reconstruction in Women Who Require Postmastectomy Radiotherapy. RL O’Connell, R Di Micco, K Khabra, AM Kirby, PA Harris, SE James, K Power, KWD Ramsey, JE Rusby. PlastReconstr Surg. 2018 Sep;142(3):594-605.
- Audit of venous thromboembolism in DIEP free flap breast reconstruction. AR McKean, J Knox, P Harris, K Ramsey, S James, KT Power. J PlastReconstrAesthetSurg. 2017 Jul;70(7):970-972.
- Bilateral breast reconstruction with deep inferior epigastric perforator flaps in slim patients. M Mani, S Saour, K Ramsey, K Power, P Harris, S James. Microsurgery. 2017 Mar 20.